- The flower of the zucchini plant is also edible.
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash.
- August 8th is National Zucchini Day.
- Zucchini are 95% water. They’re a super low-cal snack at just 25 calories each.
- Biggest is NOT best. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized.
- Did you know the world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs?
- Zucchini contains more potassium than bananas.
- One zucchini has only 25 calories (in comparison, a baked potato has 130 calories).
- Zucchini are low in sodium, contain no saturated fats, and are cholesterol-free.
- They are rich in vitamin C and manganese.
- The peel is a good source of dietary fiber and may help in reducing constipation.
Popular on the Blog This Week:
Low Carb Smoothie Recipes
111 Things to Throw Away to Cut Down on Clutter
Easy Lunches For Kids
10 Ways to Cut Down on Single Use Plastic
30 Low Carb Real Food Cabbage Recipes
10 Reasons Why Laughter is the Best Medicine
20 DIY Infused Oil and Vinegar Recipes
What your POOP says about your health
8 Habits of Successful Couples
25 Fruits and Vegetables You Can Re-plant and Grow Yourself
15 Delicious Paleo Ice Cream Recipes
27 Low Carb Keto Pasta Substitutions