- The flower of the zucchini plant is also edible.
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash.
- August 8th is National Zucchini Day.
- Zucchini are 95% water. They’re a super low-cal snack at just 25 calories each.
- Biggest is NOT best. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized.
- Did you know the world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs?
- Zucchini contains more potassium than bananas.
- One zucchini has only 25 calories (in comparison, a baked potato has 130 calories).
- Zucchini are low in sodium, contain no saturated fats, and are cholesterol-free.
- They are rich in vitamin C and manganese.
- The peel is a good source of dietary fiber and may help in reducing constipation.
Popular on the Blog This Week:
Top 10 Reasons to get your kids in the kitchen with you AND 20 kid friendly recipes
15 Health Benefits of House Plants
12 Steps to Overcoming Jealousy and Envy
Keto Mac and Cheese Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Baked Apples
How to Color Match Maskcara Makeup
DIY Beauty - Coconut Orange Sugar Scrub with Essential Oils
15 Health Benefits of Onions
20 DIY Infused Oil and Vinegar Recipes
DIY Beauty - Dry Shampoo Hair Powder
Green Chile Chorizo and Chicken Mexican Casserole
10 Ways to Improve Your Posture