This brussels sprouts hash is very hearty and packs a serious flavor punch. It is the perfect way to fuel an intense workout! But even better than that, it is really good for you! Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C (way more than an orange, by the way), vitamin K, as well as beta carotene, folic acid, iron, magnesium and fiber. They’re also high in selenium, which is associated with reduced risks of certain cancers, as well as increased male virility. (oh la la) This makes a huge batch and it is perfect for weekly meal prep. Whip up a batch on Sunday and eat it for breakfast throughout the week. Looking for some more delicious and creative brussels sprouts recipes? Check out this recipe round up and get your brussels fix!
Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato, Bacon Hash – Paleo, Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Yield: Makes 8 Serving 1x
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- cracked black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chopped bacon. Cook until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the drippings and set aside. Drain half of the bacon fat and retain the rest in the pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the bottoms from the brussels sprouts, remove any bruised outer leaves and chop.
- Add the brussels sprouts, peppers, sweet potatoes, and garlic to the bacon fat. Mix to combine all ingredients and coat in the bacon fat.
- Mix in bacon crumbles, balsamic vinegar, cumin, and cracked black pepper.
- Saute until vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
Per Serving – Calories – 147 | Fat – 7g | Protein – 10g | Total Carbs – 12.75g | Fiber – 3.75g | Net Carbs – 9g
- Serving Size: 1/8th of the recipe