This Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato, and Bacon Hash is the perfect paleo meal. Top with a fried egg for a Whole30 breakfast loaded with goodness!
Easy Whole30 Breakfast: Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato, and Bacon Hash
This recipe doesn’t get much easier! Chopped bacon, cooked until crispy, Brussels sprouts, peppers, sweet potatoes, and garlic sautéd in the bacon fat, seasoned with cumin and black pepper, then caramelized in balsamic vinegar. There are so many great flavors in this dish and they all compliment each other beautifully. Enjoy on its on, or with a fried egg, you won’t even miss those breakfast potatoes! You an even make this a vegetarian hash recipe by simply omitting the bacon.
Fuel your day with the perfect paleo breakfast
This Brussels sprouts hash is very hearty and packs a serious flavor punch. It is the perfect way to fuel an intense workout! But even better than that, it is really good for you! Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C (way more than an orange, by the way), vitamin K, as well as beta carotene, folic acid, iron, magnesium and fiber. They’re also high in selenium, which is associated with reduced risks of certain cancers, as well as increased male virility, (oh la la!).
Easy Whole30 meal prep
This breakfast hash recipe makes a huge batch and it is perfect for weekly meal prep. Whip up a batch on Sunday and eat it for breakfast throughout the week. You could even take a little bit of the hash and throw it into some eggs for a delicious paleo scramble!
In addition to this easy breakfast hash, check out some of my other favorite recipes:
- 33 Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
- 35 Egg Free Paleo and Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- Low Carb Smoothie Recipes
- 10 Health Benefits of Pineapple and 10 Pineapple Smoothie Recipes
- Low Carb Whole30 Side Dish Recipes
- 30 Fathead Cheese Dough Recipes – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes – sugar free, gluten free
- 32 Low Carb AIP Recipes
- 20 Health Benefits of Radishes and 20 Low Carb Radish Recipes
Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato, Bacon Hash – Paleo, Gluten Free
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Makes 8 Serving 1x
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chopped bacon. Cook until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the drippings and set aside. Drain half of the bacon fat and retain the rest in the pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the bottoms from the brussels sprouts, remove any bruised outer leaves and chop.
- Add the brussels sprouts, peppers, sweet potatoes, and garlic to the bacon fat. Mix to combine all ingredients and coat in the bacon fat.
- Mix in bacon crumbles, balsamic vinegar, cumin, and cracked black pepper.
- Saute until vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
net carbs per serving: 9g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 12.75g
- Fiber: 3.75g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: paleo breakfast, whole30 breakfast recipe, easy low carb recipes, vegetarian low carb