DIY Homemade Bar Soap with Essential Oils
- 4 bars unscented castile soap (get them here)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (get it here)
- 30 drops essential oil (I use this brand)
- dried herbs (rosemary or lavender), optional
- Grate the bars of soap.
- Next, pulse the oats to a coarse grind.
- In a double boiler, over medium-low heat, slowly melt the soap.
- Once the soap is melted, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the oats, vitamin E, essential oils, and herbs, if using. Mix well.
- Before the soap sets, pour the mixture into the soap molds.
- Store the soap in an airtight container.
- The soap needs to set for one week before using.