DIY Reed Diffuser – How to Make Your Own Reed Diffuser
How to Make Your Own Reed Diffuser naturally, without all the toxic synthetic chemicals and fragrances.
Years ago I ditched chemical air fresheners, plug-ins and candles. We made the switch to flameless candles, and freshening the air in our home by diffusing all natural, therapeutic grade essential oils.
Why essential oils? Why make your own natural home air fresheners? Dousing yourself in perfume, using car air fresheners, plug-ins, candles, room refreshing sprays and home deodorizers expose you to all of the health risks of synthetic, chemical based fragrances. Not to mention the exposure that comes from the use of personal care products – shampoo, lotion, deodorant, skincare, makeup, and even home cleaners. In their commercial forms, they all contain fragrances. Looking to clean up your skincare and makeup and swap them out for safer products, I highly recommend Beautycounter.
What’s wrong with “fragrance” in personal care products?
There’s a dirty little secret that the fragrance industry would rather you not know about. Hidden behind these pleasant scents are typically synthetic chemicals like parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and many others, linked to hormone and endocrine disruption, reproductive problems, allergies and even cancer.
Since the exact ingredients in synthetic fragrances are protected as “trade secrets” they are not required to be disclosed on the ingredients label. Therefore, you really never know what you are getting. Many of these ingredient could quite literally be described as poison, and yet we knowingly (or unknowingly) subject ourselves to the exposure on a daily basis.
Why not skip all of the toxic chemicals and synthetics and DIY your way into an all-natural, chemical free fragrance. Not only will it have an alluring aroma, but you can take comfort in knowing exactly what you are putting on your body and what you are filling your home with.
Essential Oils Resources:
- Feel free to join my essential oils group on Facebook to learn even more.
- Want to get started on your own essential oils journey? Find out how – Here
- Find more all-natural DIY recipes – Here
- Sign up for my FREE healthy living newsletter series – Here
In addition to the tutorial on how to make your own reed diffuser, check out some of my other favorite DIY recipes:
- DIY Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- DIY Peppermint Coffee Sugar Scrub
- DIY Bath Bombs with Essential Oils
- DIY Dishwasher Detergent
- DIY All Natural Toothpaste Recipe
- DIY Foaming Hand Soap
DIY – How to Make Your Own Reed Diffuser
- Using a funnel, add sweet almond oil to diffusing vessel. Add 15-20 drops essential oil. Insert diffusing sticks and stir. Let sticks soak for an hour, then turn over. Each day, turn sticks to diffuse oil. As scent dissipates over time, freshen up with additional essential oil.