Spritzing on perfume or cologne is a daily ritual for many, not to mention that the vast majority of personal care products – shampoo, lotion, deodorant – contain fragrances of their own.
There’s a dirty little secret the fragrance industry would rather you not know about, however, which is the extreme toxicity of many of these products. Hidden behind their pleasant scents are typically chemicals linked to hormone disruption, reproductive problems, and even cancer.
Many perfumes sold at department stores, big-box retailers, and virtually everywhere else can aptly be described as poison – and this means that you could very well be sacrificing your health by wearing them… (read more on the subject)
Why not skip all of the toxic chemicals and synthetics and DIY your way into an all-natural, chemical free fragrance. Not only will it have an alluring aroma, but you can take comfort in knowing exactly what you are putting on your body!
- Feel free to join my essential oils group on Facebook to learn even more.
- Want to get started on your own essential oils journey? Find out how – Here
- Find more all-natural DIY recipes – Here
DIY Make Your Own Perfume Solids
- Melt your beeswax in a double boiler and mix in jojoba oil.
- Remove from heat. Add essential oils and mix in.
- Pour into container and let harden.
The amount of essential oil can be adjusted to suit your own senses. I like to make a quadruple batch of this and give them out as gifts.
Get pure, therapeutic grade essential oils here!