Not only are these Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes gluten free and sugar free, but they are also insanely delicious. They have all the fresh, bright flavors of spring.
The best gluten free cupcakes you will ever eat
Quite possibly the best keto cupcakes ever made… with a taste to match! These Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are moist, fluffy and super delicious. Plus there’s a treat waiting for you when you bite into the middle of these almond flour cupcakes: a yummy whole roasted strawberry!
Can you sub coconut flour for almond flour in these gluten free cupcakes?
Like many of my other keto dessert recipes, this recipe uses a blend of almond flour and coconut flour. Mixing two different types of gluten free flour creates a nice texture and mouthfeel, and playing with the ratios could result in a cake that is too coarse and crumbly.
If you decide to go with only coconut flour, you’ll also have to increase the liquids in the recipe because coconut flour is more absorbent than almond flour. My best advice is to make this recipe as written.
Looking for an easy cupcake recipe, you came to the right place!
This Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake recipe comes together so quickly, and it’s the perfect option if you’re looking for birthday cupcakes that’ll please a crowd. Not only is this recipe gluten free, but it’s also a diabetic friendly dessert that doesn’t compromise on flavor.
The strawberry cupcakes and low carb frosting are both sweetened with Swerve granular erythritol. When it comes to keto dessert recipes, Swerve is my favorite because they have three options: granular, confectioner, and brown sugar. All of Swerve’s keto friendly sweeteners are a 1:1 swap for the regular full sugar version.
Fun ways to mix up the flavors on these sugar free cupcakes
- For a festive fall option, substitute orange extract and sugar free dried cranberries for the strawberries and lemon extract
- Substitute blueberries or raspberries for strawberries, or do a mixed berry option
- Change up the frosting with another berry, and mix and match the berries you use in the cupcake versus what you put in the frosting (blueberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting)
In addition to these Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, check out some of my other recipes:
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Green Chile Chorizo and Chicken Mexican Casserole
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups
- Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash
- 21 Keto Mac and Cheese Recipes
- 23 Low Carb Sheet Pan Recipes
- 21 Low Carb Smoothie Recipes
- 24 Fathead Cheese Dough Recipes
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes – sugar free, gluten free
All the delicious flavors of summer in a light and fluffy gluten free cupcake. Complete with strawberry lemonade buttercream frosting.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 7 cupcakes 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
For the Keto Strawberry Lemonade cupcakes:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup granular erythritol (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure lemon extract (get it here)
- 7 small strawberries, hulled
For the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered erythritol (get it here)
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 4 small strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
For the Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tin with silicone muffin liners or paper liners.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, making sure that the baking powder is thoroughly mixed in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a third large mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, almond milk, melted butter and lemon extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. Gently fold in the egg whites, being careful not to over mix or they will deflate.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 7 wells of a muffin tin. Press a strawberry into the center of each one and smooth the tops with a pallet knife.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and you can insert and remove a toothpick with crumbs sticking. Allow to cool
For the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add the erythritol, and lemon extract and whip until creamy.
- Gently fold through the chopped strawberries. (note: The strawberries need to be really finely chopped so they don’t get stuck in the piping nozzle. Also, try not to get too much of the juice in the mix as it will make the frosting runny.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes using a wide nozzle and a piping bag.
- Garnish the tops of the cupcakes with any remaining strawberries.
net carbs per cupcake:5.7g
(note:any leftover frosting can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.)
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 33.3g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: keto cupcakes, low carb buttercream frosting, strawberry lemonade cupcakes, gluten free cupcakes, almond flour cupcakes