This DIY Bar Soap recipe is easy to make and makes for a wonderful gift for friends and family. Scented naturally with fresh flowers and essential oils.
Making your own soap can seem intimidating, but this DIY homemade bar soap recipe is an easy DIY home project. This recipe is going to teach you how to rebatch instead of making it completely from scratch. Rebatching is simple and kid-friendly, making it a great family project. These soaps are great for your own personal everyday use, or perfect for a special personalized gift.
Which essential oils should you add to this DIY Bar Soap Recipe?
Adding essential oils to the soap will not only provide amazing aromas, but will also give you all the therapeutic benefits that essential oils have to offer. Here are some of my favorite essential oils for this DIY homemade bar soap recipe. This is the brand that I use and stand by. You can mix and match them as you please.
- Lemon Myrtle
- Stress Away
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- Clary sage
- Tea tree
In addition to this DIY bar soap, check out some of my other favorite DIY tutorials:
- 36 DIY – Christmas Ornaments
- DIY – Essential Oils for Fall Recipes
- 34 DIY – Mason Jar Gift Ideas
- DIY – All Natural Deodorant Recipe with Essential oils
- DIY – Relaxation Rub with Essential Oils
Check some of my favorite tools to make this recipe:
DIY Homemade Bar Soap with Essential Oils
- Grate the bars of soap.
- Next, pulse the oats to a coarse grind.
- In a double boiler, over medium-low heat, add the grated soap and the water (starting with 1/2 cup). Slowly melt the soap and mix as you melt. Add more water if needed. You want the soap to melt but you don’t want to add so much water that it won’t harden again.
- Once the soap is melted, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the oats, vitamin E, essential oils, and herbs, if using. Mix well.
- Before the soap sets, pour the mixture into the soap molds.
- Store the soap in an airtight container.
- The soap needs to set for one week before using.