DIY Homemade Bar Soap with Essential Oils is an easy recipe for yourself or for friends. Even better, this DIY homemade bar soap recipe will make the perfect gift for any occasion.
Making your own soap can seem intimidating, but this DIY homemade bar soap recipe is an easy DIY home project. This recipe is going to teach you how to rebatch instead of making it completely from scratch. Rebatching is simple and kid-friendly, making it a great family project. These soaps are great for your own personal everyday use, or perfect for a special personalized gift.
Adding essential oils to the soap will not only provide amazingly fresh aromas, but will also give you all the natural health and wellness properties that essential oils have to offer. Here are some of the best essential oils for your DIY homemade bar soap.
- Cedarwood (get some here)
- Clary sage
- Bergamot (I use this brand)
- Tea tree
Check out some of my other favorite DIY tutorials:
- 36 DIY – Christmas Ornaments
- DIY – Essential Oils for Fall Recipes
- 34 DIY – Mason Jar Gift Ideas
- DIY – All Natural Deodorant Recipe with Essential oils
- DIY – Relaxation Rub with Essential Oils
Check some of my favorite tools to make this recipe:
DIY Homemade Bar Soap with Essential Oils
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Grate the bars of soap.
- Next, blend the oatmeal to a coarse grind.
- In a double boiler, over medium-low heat, slowly melt the soap.
- Once the soap is melted, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the oatmeal, vitamin E, and essential oils and mix well.
- Before the soap sets, pour the mixture into the soap molds.
- Store the soap in an airtight container.
- The soap needs to set for one week before using.