Make your season merry and bright with this Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce. It is the ultimate low carb holiday appetizer.
This Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce is the perfect holiday appetizer for all your gatherings this season
As far as low carb holiday recipes go, this is a must: melty, creamy brie, topped with tangy and slightly sweet sugar free cranberry sauce and pecans, garnished with fresh herbs. It’s so delicious and so festive, whether you’re looking for keto Christmas recipes, keto Thanksgiving recipes, or just a low carb appetizer to make at your next get together.
Can this be made ahead of time?
You can absolutely make the sugar free cranberry sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The baked brie should be made right before serving. This way, you can guarantee that when you slice into the brie, it’s nice and melty. Luckily, it only takes 10-15 minutes for the brie to cook, making this Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry sauce the perfect quick and easy keto recipe.
Here are some other fun topping ideas for Baked Brie:
Baked brie is the perfect sweet and savory option, whether you serve it as an appetizer or a sugar free holiday dessert. Here are a few more options if you want to switch up the flavor pairings — you could even serve this baked brie 2 ways as part of your keto charcuterie spread!
- Swap the cranberries for blueberries and add a little vanilla extract to the sauce, then top with slivered almonds
- Use orange zest in the cranberry sauce instead of lemon zest, then add a bit of grated ginger into the mix to really amp up the festive flavors
- Make the sugar free sauce with blackberries and just a little black pepper — trust me on this flavor pairing, it’s delicious!
But aren’t traditional baked brie recipes normally made with puff pastry?
Traditional brie en croute (or brie in pastry crust) is brie wrapped in puff pastry, usually topped with jam and nuts. But baked brie can also just be brie … baked.
If you’re really wanting to take this baked brie recipe to the next level and make a keto brie en croute, just wrap it in a sweet fathead dough. Bake until it’s golden brown, then top with the keto cranberry sauce and nuts and serve immediately. When you slice into the buttery fathead dough, creamy brie should come flowing out. It’s basically a keto dream.
In addition to this keto Baked Brie recipe, check out some of my other favorite holiday recipes:
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Keto Glazed Ham
- Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Method: baking
- 24 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups powdered erythritol (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (get it here)
- 8 ounce round Brie cheese
- fresh herbs, optional for garnish,
- roasted pecans or walnuts, optional for serving
For the cranberry sauce:
- Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries begin to pop, about 10 minutes. Use a fork to smash the berries as they pop.2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Store any leftovers in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
For the Baked Brie:
- While the cranberry sauce is cooking, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the brie on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and starts to droop, but isn’t melted.
- Top with a generous helping of the cranberry sauce and serve with nuts and fresh herbs, if using.
net carbs per serving: 7.3g
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 6.3g
Keywords: keto baked brie, sugar free cranberry sauce recipe, homemade cranberry sauce, low carb baked brie, keto thanksgiving appetizers